Friday, April 1, 2011

The Adirondeck

Today it snowed, and snowed, and snowed. All day long the white stuff fell. This is no April Fool's Day joke. I am so ready for spring that I am going to think about outside furniture...

The year 1903 in Westport, New York, Thomas Lee created a unique new chair with a slanted back and seat, and the now-recognized spacious armrests.
The Adirondack chair (named for the region in New York) has become one of America's favorite outdoor chairs.










Today the Adirondack chair can be found in all shapes and colors. My chair is made from old pieces of wood. I really like the multi colors of green, blue and yellow.

2 comments:

  1. I love those chairs.. Like yours a lot w/ the multi colors.. I found some today on the cheap at Home Depot and scooped those babies up.. can't wait for warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these chairs! They always remind me of summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites