Friday, March 18, 2011

The Kilim

Pronunciation: kE-'lEm
Function: noun
Etymology: Turkish, from Persian kilIm
Date: 1881
Meaning: A pileless handwoven reversible rug or covering made in Turkey, the Caucasus, Iran, and western Turkestan"

I love the look of a kilim rug-the colors and patterns are beautiful.
I just don't like how flimsy they are and easy to trip on.
So they use the rugs to cover chairs




(Image:Country Home)

and ottomans.

What a great addition to a room.

*Please join me at Miss Mustard Seed for "Furniture Feature Friday".*

1 comment:

  1. I adore furniture covered in kilim. I bought one to cover a wingback, but my husband complained about the feel. I ended up using it as a dining table cover. Eventually, I'll probably cover my large ottoman with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites