Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Color

I worked as a showroom designer for a few years when we were living in Las Vegas. I enjoyed creating the vignettes, selecting the seating, artwork, area rugs and lamps. But I never stopped being surprised when a client would buy everything in the vignette. They wanted their home to look like a "model home". I was pleased they liked the look, but knew eventually they would tire of it and never know why.

People spend so much time and energy stressing over the process. I have had clients tell me they have spent years looking for the perfect sofa. They have dozens of paint samples on the wall, or every room is "builder's white" because that goes with everything.

Stop over thinking the process!! Start with what you like.

What is your favorite color?



My favorite color is aqua.

A favorite color is a great starting point. Make sure it's a color you truly love.


I collect pottery with this color


Fabrics



Furniture



Accessories



I love this color on everything (no I do not own this truck, but I love it!)

The color aqua is the common thread in every room.

1 comment:

  1. I love the barkcloth fabric posted under your color blog. I have been trying to find this exact fabric with no luck. Do you own this in your shop, and would you be willing to sell this? You can email me @ jaynad96@yahoo.com thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Top Sites